When we wash our face with soap or face wash, we strip our face with a lot of natural oils which can lead your skin to seem dry and damaged. A face serum is a great way to replenish the natural oils in your skin and make your skin look more moisturized and soft. Since different people have different skin types, it is important that we only make a serum which is suitable for your skin type.
So, we have prepared a list of face serum recipes which use essential oils that can be prepared at home easily:
1. For Normal Skin
You need a 2-ounce glass bottle and then pour 60 ml of apricot kernel oil, 8 drops each of lavender essential oil and geranium essential oil, and 4 drops of frankincense essential oil and then mix it well together. Apply this serum on your face and then gently massage it to absorb it well.
2. For Dry Skin
- You will need to add together 60 ml of rose hip seed oil, 5 drops each of jasmine essential oil, rose essential oil, frankincense essential oil and geranium essential oil in a 2 ounce of a glass bottle.
- Then, gently roll this bottle after closing off the lid so that the oils can mix together well.
- Now, your face serum is ready to moisturize your skin, just apply it after cleansing your face.
3. For Sensitive Skin
- To make face serum for sensitive skin, you need to take 30 ml each of jojoba oil and sweet almond oil, 5 drops each of helichrysum essential oil, sandalwood essential oil, frankincense essential oil, and lavender essential oil in a glass bottle.
- Now, shake the contents of this bottle gently to mix the oils together and then use the serum on your face after cleansing.
(Note: If you want instructions for some other type of sensitive skin feel free to contact us.)
4. For Acne-Prone Skin
- For making a serum for acne-prone skin, you would need to mix 60 ml of jojoba oil with 5 drops each of lemongrass essential oil and tea tree oil and 10 drops of lavender essential oil in a glass bottle.
- Make sure you close the lid of the bottle tightly and roll the bottle a little to mix all the oils together.
P.S. You can use Tea tree oil for hair as one of the most effective ways to improve density.
5. For Oily Skin
- To make a face serum for oily skin, you need to take a 2 ounce of glass bottle and then add 30 ml each of jojoba oil and grape seed oil to it and then add 20 drops of cypress essential oil, 5 drops each of peppermint essential oil and rosemary essential oil, then place the lid on the bottle.
- Now mix the ingredients together by rolling the bottle gently on your palm. Your face serum is now ready to be used.
6. For Combination Skin
Take a 2 ounce of a glass bottle and then add to it 30 ml each of rose hip seed oil and jojoba oil, 5 drops each of Hawaiian sandalwood essential oil, lavender essential oil, frankincense essential oil and geranium essential oil. Then cover the bottle with its lid and gently roll this bottle in your hands so that all the oils mix well.